Yesterday we went to a Special Olympics basketball clinic with the Denver Nuggets. I really should have made R sit out, it hasn't been a full two weeks since her concussion... But I stayed close and watched carefully, ready to pull her out if any of the activities looked like there was a possibility of her getting hit in the head. It was very well organized though, not chaotic at all, and she was able to stay in for the whole clinic. (Yay!)
Here are some pictures... They started the whole thing with some demonstrations by the cheerleaders. We couldn't believe some of the stuff they were doing!
Both kids temporarily formed new career plans after watching them. R wants to be a cheerleader, and M wants to be one of the guys who throws them up in the air. :)
Then they got down to business. All of the really tall guys in these pictures are Denver Nugget basketball players, unfortunately I NEVER watch basketball so I know who none of them are...
Check out R's feet in this picture... She was really trying to make that basket!

It was a fun afternoon, the kids had a great time... We stopped outside the Pepsi Center for one last picture before heading home...
No comments:
Post a Comment