Well my menagerie has decreased in size again, and things are getting back to "normal" at our house again. (haha--those of you who know me, know I use that term very loosely when describing our family )
Yesterday was a really nice day... First thing in the morning R and I grabbed the wire cutters, the pliers and some wire and went out and fixed the fence. I think it will keep the horses on their own side now... It was just a beautiful morning and so nice to spend time outside with R... just the two of us. There was a hole in a fence large enough to drive a small car through, but since it was down in the gully I hadn't seen it before. We repaired the wire and added new wire and it's probably good enough. I really should put a new fence post or two down there one of these days and really fix it right, but that is going to have to wait until I have more time. We left M at home, which I really shouldn't do... but he was dozing and I was pretty sure he would be all right.
After the fence was fixed I took R over to the neighbor who lives just north of us. R was invited over to help her with her horse. They wormed him and groomed him, and then I think D worked him in the round pen while R watched. Then D brought R home again and stayed to visit for a while and see what we've done with the house...
In the afternoon R's friend L came over to play. L lives about a mile and a half east of us (it was her pony that R was following the evening that we lost her!). L's mom brought her over and we ended up talking for so long that it was time for L to go by the time we were done. It's the first time I've met L's mom... she is a very interesting person, and fun to talk to... and I really enjoyed having company twice in one day!
In between visitors, I worked on the house. I finished caulking around the new wood outside, and started painting around the doors and windows. I didn't get much painting done, but there's no hurry... I'm just doing the painting on the first floor of the house, we're going to have to hire someone to paint the high stuff.
M is doing a little better again., although I hate to even say that... each time I do he seems to fall apart again. I guess that's just the nature of schizophrenia...(and something you think I'd be used to by now!) It has been so good lately to see him calm and connected enough to enjoy his days.
Not much point to this post, I guess... mostly just rambling.
No comments:
Post a Comment