Sunday, June 4, 2006

busy days...

It's been a really busy couple of days around here! I'm looking back fondly on last winter, and all the days we were snowed in. I wouldn't mind being snowed in for a couple of days right now.... with nowhere to go, and nothing to do but stay inside and drink hot chocolate and feed the fire. Mmmmm... that sounds wonderful to me right now.

Unfortunately, the reality is that it's REALLY hot here, I've been rushing around for days, and it would take a miracle (or a move to another continent) for us to get snowed in any time soon!

Saturday we spent the morning visiting dh in the hospital, and the afternoon at the rodeo... it was a looooong day. Sunday we stayed home until afternoon when we went to a homeschool group party. It was a great party, and the kids had a blast... but I'm so tired of driving that I would have been very happy to just stay home. Monday we were up at the hospital again, then ran errands in town. In the evening one of my college girls and a friend showed up for dinner. It's always so good to see my big kids... and it was good to hear about the classes she's taking this summer (she's my "psychologist in training" and is very excited about taking her first counseling class!)

Yesterday was my co-op class... (in our homeschool group each person who would like to participate in co-op classes, has to offer a class or field trip as well). My class was a "nature walk and prairie picnic". We took a short nature walk around our acreage, and I had some activities from the National Wildlife Federation for the kids to do... I thought it was fun, but then I never get tired of wandering around our land and learning about the animals we share this place with. Hopefully the kids and moms who signed up for my class had fun too. We had planned on going to the IMAX yesterday afternoon to see the movie "Dolphins" but we ended up getting stuck in some construction traffic and missed the show. The kids were so disappointed... we'll have to go back soon so they can see it.

Today we had plans of going to the hospital, but M was very edgy in the car and started losing control on the interstate, so I had to quickly get off the highway and get R and I out of the car. I gave M something to calm him down and R and I waited in a shady spot for him to get himself pulled back together... then we turned around and came back home. I hated disappointing dh and R, but I just can't chances with M losing control while I'm on the highway. We'll try again tomorrow...

Luckily the kid's pdoc is coming over this afternoon to see R. I can't believe she is kind enough to make another house call...but I'm so happy she offered to. She'll see both kids and will hopefully have some ideas of what we can do to help R with her OCD symptoms. I've given up hope of her being able to get M much beyond where we are now....unfortunately, this seems to be as good as it gets for him.

Well... I guess it's time to end this long, rambling, not very upbeat post. I should probably work on enjoying the extra time we have at home today (after all the driving lately, I should be happy that M is keeping us home!), and maybe put the time to good use and go get the garden weeded...

No comments: