It started snowing during the night, and it's been snowing hard since then. The wind is blowing the snow sideways, and the drifts are up to my knees.
I don't mind being snowed in, although I think more than a day or two at a time would set me over the edge...
This post for for my family and friends who would probably enjoy the experience of being snowed in.. the smell of the woodsmoke, and the silence of the snow falling... silence broken only by the wind as it comes down the chimney.
There is stew bubbling in the crockpot and later this afternoon I'll make some bread to go with it.
~ I love storms like this... I'm not sure if it's technically a blizzard, but I can't see past the end of the driveway and it sure looks like a blizzard to me!
The pilot light on the boiler went out last night (we have hot water heat, no furnace) and until dh can replace the thermocoupling we're heating the house with wood. He'll probably be able to get the hot water heat going again this evening, but until then I'm feeding the fire.
It's such a blessing to be able to keep the house warm, even during a major storm, with wood. It's kind of a secure feeling somehow...
Here are some pics I took today... enjoy! (or count your blessings!) ~
No comments:
Post a Comment