Thursday, December 21, 2006

shiver, shiver day 2

It's still snowing hard here, but I think the blizzard is over (the wind isn't as fierce). I thought my warm climate friends might enjoy a picture post... (You can either wish you were here, or count your blessings that you're not!) 

This is first thing this morning, in the barn. The barn doors were closed, but this is the drift left by the wind blowing the snow under the door and then up.... that's Stormy's halters and lead ropes hanging snow covered on her stall door. 

 

The next couple of pictures look a little blue... the sun was just coming up when I took them. 

 

 

Here's dh's car... he made it down the driveway, but there's no way it was going any further! 

 

The barn... you can see how the wind swept some spots clean. 

 

 

The backyard... (that's a 5' fence)

   

The back door again... showing the drift (that even has the imprint of the door panel in it!) and the opening the dogs made to get in and out of the house... 

 

Looking out R's window. 

 

Stay warm!!!

No comments: