Wednesday, February 21, 2007

There isn't much going on here, but it seems like a good time to write anyway... (it just may not be very interesting! ;) 

M has been struggling more lately... He's having spells of being very disconnected and the hallucinations are worse. It's been bad enough that I've had to increase his haldol... which is really discouraging because I've been hoping that we could taper the haldol and replace it with something else. Unfortunately it looks like that's not a realistic plan... at least for now. 

Things are moving ahead slowly with the Intercept Center... the program I mentioned in this post. A couple of weeks ago, when we visited, the director sounded ready to have M in the program. He even introduced M to some of the staff, telling them that M would be in their groups. When we left he said he just needed to decide which staff would be working with M and talk to them then he would get back to us. It took him a week to call back (he said it would be just a day or two) and the "vibes" I got were a little weird. He started by telling me that their senior clinician would be happy to meet with me on a short term basis, for consultation, without M actually being part of the program. (Huh? not something we had talked about at all!) I said thanks, but I really wanted M to be part of the program so he could access all the supports and services they provide. He said that was fine, that he would pass M's intake information onto the clinician (a psychologist) who would be calling me (but there was no mention of the group that he told me M could start as early as last week!) 

 Well... it's been almost another week and no call. I'm wondering if they are hesitant to have a client as "involved" as M.... they seem to really be dragging their feet on this. 

On a brighter note, the vet was out to look at Grant and he's in good shape (Grant... not the vet... although the vet looked to be in pretty good shape too, if you like very tall, rugged, cowboys!) He said I need to fatten Grant up (and had the nerve to imply that my goats are a little "chunky") but otherwise he looks healthy. He said appaloosas tend to be hardy animals, but even so... Grant is an old horse and who knows how long he'll live. I know a horse who is 40 (but that's almost a miracle!) and quite a few in their 20's so hopefully, with lots of good care, Grant will be around for years. 

Well.... I'd better run. M is up already (or still... he's been up and down all night... it might be an extremely long day!) and I need to get out to the barn before R wakes up.

No comments: