Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Thank you everyone for the good thoughts and prayers... 

Our littlest grandson was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon! He did not have a bacterial infection, as they first thought, but rather a very nasty viral infection. He was very sick for a couple of days but luckily, he got better as quickly as he got sick, and he was well enough yesterday to go home! 

The older grandkids (R is 4, and J is 2) and I had a crazy few days together. I love having them here... they are really great kids, and after so many years of parenting kids with special needs, watching our grandkids grow is just amazing (miraculous!). 

M had a very hard time with them here however... He's been very unstable lately (edgy, volatile) and just didn't have the resources to cope with extra people here, sharing dh and I, the sound of little voices, R and J playing with his toys (and his sister!), etc. So it's been a rough few days... I think we're going to stay close to home today and recuperate from the drama of the past few days. 

R (my R) has been asking to ride Grant... hopefully it will be warm enough for her to ride. I'd like to work outside, I didn't get much done at the barn while the little ones were here... So I'm hoping we can get school done and spend the rest of the day outside. 

Good news: It looks like the man we bought our house from (who neglected to disclose it was falling down at the time!) is willing to settle to avoid going to court. We are currently negotiating back and forth on the amount but it looks almost certain we can avoid court. It will be soooooooo good to have this finally settled... We'll counter the seller's latest offer today and hopefully hear back, whether or not he accepts our counter offer, by the end of the week.

No comments: