Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hmmm..... what to write about. Nothing terribly exciting going on here... 

We are celebrating two birthdays this week though (and that's pretty exciting!). DD#3 (K) turned 20 on Monday and R turns 11 on Sunday! 

Since we kind of have two sets of kids, the older set and the younger set, there seem to be two "babies" of the family, K and R. These birthdays are a reminder that both my "babies" are growing up! We took K shopping for her birthday, then had lunch with DD#1 and the grandkids. It was VERY (VERY) nice... I left M at home with dh and it was just amazing how relaxed and enjoyable lunch was. I almost never do anything without M and I guess I'd forgotten just how easy things are without him. I try not to think too much about how different things would be if he wasn't here though, that's dangerous thinking... I think the way our situation (living with psychosis) has worked for so long is because it's become our "normal". Thinking too much about what is normal for others, is only going to make things more difficult since, as long as M is at home, we can't live what way...  But anyway... it was a nice afternoon. 

 R's birthday party is Saturday. We were able to reserve a clubhouse not far from us for the party. It has a "movie room", two nice sitting areas, a kitchen and even a pool and hot tub! We're just using the inside rooms, not the pool, etc, but it should be fun... R is beside herself with excitement and has been counting down the days for weeks! 

 We've been staying home a lot this week... The past couple of weeks have been so busy that staying home feels wonderful! The kids are getting school done (without trying to fit it into a few minutes here and there) and there is plenty of time to enjoy these beautiful fall days. 

 Well, after decreasing M's haldol, he's struggling a bit... but not too bad, it's manageable. I was going to decrease it again yesterday but the pdoc said not too, and sounded as though she's questioning if we should decrease it at all. I'm wondering what she's thinking... What her plan is for dealing with the tardive dyskinesia. She needs to check M again soon (the TD movements) and I'm hoping she'll have time to talk then about what the next step is. 

 I'm back working on my refinishing project (after not having time for it while K was here) and it's coming along. I've been working for days stripping the cubbies inside the desk. As soon as they're done, all that's left is the roll top itself. It's been fun to see the wood emerge from all that paint. I'm looking forward to starting the sanding and really getting down to the wood, I think it will be beautiful. 

 Can't think of anything else... like I said, not much is going on here. Hope everyone is well and enjoying these beautiful days.

No comments: