I can't remember the last time I was so consumed (lol, I started to type confused just now... which is probably a more accurate word to use) with clearing things out. I've been working for almost a week now and am getting close to being done. It snowed most of the day today, and the kids were happy and settled, so I went through closets, cupboards, etc. and have almost another full load to take to Goodwill (I took a load on Weds. too). It feels so good to have things cleaned up and organized...
Today's snow was just beautiful... there was almost no wind, so it just floated down softly and silently, with no huge drifts... Drifts that always seem to block the outside steps that lead down to the path to the barn, leaving me stumbing around them through the deep snow! It's nice to have the snow without the wind howling and blasting it against the windows...
The animals stayed close to the barn... Tilly, especially, doesn't like snow and cold, which makes sense because she spent her first three years running free through the part of Nevada bordering Death Valley. What a shock that first Colorado winter must have been to her!
Hmmm... it really didn't seem windy today, but the snow in the picture definitely isn't falling straight down.... I guess it takes more wind than that to seem windy to me. :)
(That's Blaze in the front, Tucker behind him, and Tilly peaking out of the barn)
As the sun was starting to set, it was so beautiful outside... everything seemed muffled and silent... and the snow, falling through the dusk looked like a gauzy curtain softening the edges of the trees, fences... even the barn.
I took a picture, trying to capture the light... the peacefulness... but I couldn't catch it. I guess you would have had to be here...
'
'
'
So... I cleaned all day, and while I was cleaning I found these two things.
I got them from my neighbor, but I don't know what they are...
They look pretty old, and are almost identical. They both have a hole all the way through the middle...
...and smaller holes around the outside.
And the bottom is grooved.
Does anybody know what these things are? (Or what I might use them for??)
No comments:
Post a Comment