Meet Fancy Nancy (aka R, our oldest grandchild) isn't she gorgeous?! (The little cute guy behind her is K, her youngest brother... more about him later)
I'm pretty sure there is nothing cuter than a six year old all dressed up!
Here's the Fancy Nancy book, just in case you're out of the little girl literature loop.
Rivaling 6 year dress-up cuteness, is 2 year old excitement over pottying.
My grandson K (the little batman sitting behind Fancy Nancy in the picture) is 2 and learning to use the potty. I happened to be talking to his mom yesterday morning while he was sitting on the potty. When he was done she let him talk to tell me what he'd done. The conversation went like this:
K: Gama?
Me: Hi, K... how are you?
K: I poop
Me: I'm so proud of you! What a big boy you're getting to be... (etc. etc)
K: Bye
Me: Bye, I love you
K: wa you
Well, after that conversation K decided that talking to Grandma was part of the whole potty process... so my phone rang a lot yesterday. The phone calls all kind of went like this:
Me: Hello?
K: Gama?
Me: Hi baby, what's up?
K: I poop
Me: That's wonderful! I'm so proud of you! (etc. etc)
K: Bye
Me: Bye, I love you
K: wa you
(20 minutes later)
Me: hello?
K: Gama?
Me: Hi K, how are you?
K: I poop
Me: That's wonderful, you are getting to be so big! I'm so proud of you... (etc. etc)
K: Bye
Me: Bye, I love you
K: wa you
~
~
I do love being a Grandma! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment