FOR TODAY
November 9, 2009
Outside my window... I can see (if I stretch across the counter a little) the lovely new fenced in area the kids and I made for Lili yesterday. It's a good feeling to have that job done... now the dogs can't terrorize her and eat her food!
I am thinking... that I like the way I rearranged the living room and family room, I wonder why I didn't think of moving things around this way a long time ago. I'm also thinking about S... I've been missing her a lot lately.
I am thankful for... the blessing of an uneventful day.
From the learning rooms... the kids are both enjoying the new American History curriculum we started.
From the kitchen... I made a favorite of the kid's last night... homemade chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and gravy, and home grown green beans (that I froze a couple of months ago). It was so good... I love that kind of food.
I am wearing... jeans, red henley, denim "Special Olympics" shirt, blue leather slippers
I am creating... the kids and I made candle lanterns yesterday (like the ones my daughter made a few weeks ago). They were easy enough for both kids, and turned out great.
I am going... probably nowhere today, but I think we'll head up to Boulder tomorrow.
I am reading... I just finished Children of the Holocaust (R checked it out to read, and I said I'd better preview it for her since it came from the adult section of the library. After giving it a quick look I decided she probably should not read it... but did decide to read it myself), I'm looking forward to starting A Good Neighbor: A Benedict's Guide to Community next.
I am hoping... that things continue moving in a positive direction with M's pdoc
I am hearing... water bubbling in the teapot, Quin scratching at the door, and a strong wind blowing through the trees. It's funny, when we first moved here I didn't like the wind, it was unsettling.... but I don't mind it anymore, it's become a "homey" sound to me.
Around the house... I've gotten all the estimates for the work in M's room, now I just need to wait to find out who gets the job and when they can get it done.
One of my favorite things... a day like yesterday, we got a lot done but also had plenty of time to just be lazy.
A few plans for the rest of the week... school, hopefully a little more Christmas shopping, therapeutic riding, working at the library
A picture to share...
(a nighttime-in-the-kitchen still life)
Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook
No comments:
Post a Comment