Monday, December 14, 2009

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small
FOR TODAY

December 14, 2009

Outside my window... the sun has just come up and the sky is the palest of blues, with a pink haze lingering just above the horizon.

I am thinking...  but barely... it's a stretch. I'm tired today.

I am thankful...  that the Christmas shopping is done!

From the kitchen... we had our traditional before-Christmas tamale dinner last night. The menu: tamales, green chili, spanish rice and corn. Mmmm... I can't wait to eat the leftovers for lunch.

I am creating... I finished stripping the newly exposed logs in the kitchen. The next step is chinking, once that's done I'll treat the wood and that job will be done. Christmas crafts are almost finished...

I am going... to stay home today and get the stuff done that I wasn't able to do over the weekend.

I am reading... The Yarn Harlot, and the kids and I are reading The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (a yearly tradition) for our read-aloud.

I am hoping... for some resolution to an on-going problem.

I am hearing... the hum of the dishwasher, and some kid's show that M is watching on TV.

Around the house... I should take advantage of the warmth today and start cleaning up the barn and pasture. We are finally thawing out of the deep freeze we've been in, and there is plenty to do out there before the next snow...

One of my favorite things... clean, folded laundry, warm from the dryer (as opposed to towering piles of smelly, dirty laundry covering the basement floor!), Can you tell what I've been doing this morning?

A few plans for the rest of the week... a quiet week except for Wednesday when we are supposed to be two places at once. I'm not sure how I'm going to pull that one off...


Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: