Monday, December 28, 2009

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small
FOR TODAY

December 28, 2009

Outside my window... there's still about 8" of snow on the ground, the sun isn't up yet and it's cold.

I am thinking... how tired I am of this bitter cold, and how I wish I could skip the barn work this morning.

I am thankful... that the weekend with S went as well as it did... it could have been a train wreck.

From the learning rooms... it's time to get back to a regular school schedule again.

From the kitchen... I'm not sure what's for dinner, but I can guarantee it won't be ham. We had ham for Christmas dinner, and ham leftovers all weekend, and we are not eating ham again today.

I am wearing... same old thing, blue jeans, long sleeve t-shirt with a demin shirt over the top.

I am creating...  a crocheted winter hat. While K (dd#3) was here at Christmas she taught me to make them. I'm mostly a knitter, but am halfway through the hat I started with K, so I'll finish it up before starting anything else.

I am going... nowhere, the driveway is too snowy and slippery for my car to make it up, so we're staying home today. It's supposed to be above freezing the next couple of days, so it should melt off soon and we'll be on the road again.

I am reading... 100 Questions & Answers About Your Child's Schizophrenia by Josiane Colbert M.D. It's a new book, and so far I think it's very good. The question and answer format is quick and easy to read and it has an especially good section on the genetics of sz.

I am hoping... the workmen show up today, and the work gets done quickly and with a minimum of mess.

I am hearing... the boiler bubbling, and Quin eating the ice cube Joe gave him as he left for work. (Quin thinks they are a special treat!)

Around the house... it's nice to have the Christmas decorations put away, but the basement is still a mess of boxes, leftover wrapping paper and gift bags, and anything else that was dumped there recently. I should probably find some time soon to clean it up again.

One of my favorite things... the quiet of the early morning, before the day's work starts.

A few plans for the rest of the week... not much going on, the workmen should surely be done by Tuesday afternoon, S is supposed to come back on Wednesday but that will depend on M. He was edgy enough with her here over the weekend that I'm not sure he'll be able to manage another visit so soon.

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: