Saturday, February 13, 2010

7 Quick Takes Fr.... I mean Satuday

[7_quick_takes_sm.jpg]

7 Quick Takes

~1~

We watched part of the Winter Olympics opening ceremonies last night, it was on too late for us to watch all of it... but what we saw we enjoyed. M especially enjoyed the parade of nations, and trying to figure out where all those places are!


~2~

The Winter Olympics will always be special to me I think, because it reminds me of when my "big" kids were babies. E, our oldest,  was born in Jan. of 1980, B came along in Jan of 1984, and K in Oct of 1987. So... during  the Winter Olympics of 1980, 1984, and 1988,  my girls were tiny babies, nursing all the time, and I spent many hours (especially through the evening and into the night, when the first two were especially fussy)  in the rocker, nursing and rocking, and watching the Olympics.


~3~

M has a date with his girlfriend, today. It's going to be kind of a family date, R and I will be going and probably M's girlfriend's twin brother. After a half dozen dates since last fall, this will probably be the last date for awhile... :( I'm hoping they'll be able to pick up where they left off, once he's back on his feet again.


~4~

We're going to see the movie Leap Year today... M would rather see something: 1) funny, or 2) action packed, but he thought his girlfriend would rather see more of a chick flick, and since Valentine's Day is tomorrow.... (M has a box of chocolates and some silk roses for her, who'd have dreamed he'd grow up to be such a romantic?!)


~5~

Everything seems to be pretty much in place for M's surgery... more or less... as much as it can be when the surgeon (Dr S) has been in Sweden for a week, and won't be back at work until just hours before the surgery. Both the anesthesiologist and the consulting pdoc called me this last week and said they had questions for Dr S, and would need to call him and get back to me. I haven't heard back from either of them. I guess Dr S isn't returning messages from Sweden.


~6~

They delivered M's wheelchair the other day. It's bigger and heavier than I expected. It stresses me out to have it here... I guess this is really going to happen.


~7~

I recently reconnected with a girl who was in my class in high school. She and I weren't friends back then, just acquaintances, but her family knew Joe's family well. It turns out she lives just about 4 miles east of us now, and has both donkeys and horses.  She very generously offered to be the "back up" person in terms of the animal's care while I'm at the hospital with M. K and R will be taking care of things at home, but if anything weird comes up, (or anyone sneaks out of the back pasture!), she'll come over and help. She came by yesterday to see where everything was, and meet the animals...  I feel better having someone who really knows animals (besides R) available if anything comes up.

No comments: