The dance is, of course, the highlight of the evening for the kids.
When we found out a few weeks ago that M needed surgery, I told the surgeon we could do it anytime... after Feb 6th. There was no way M was going to miss this party just to get his hip fixed... the hip can wait... this party only comes once a year!
Here are a few pictures...
R, M and S at the house, ready to leave for the party
S and R at dinner...
...and later, dancing.
M dancing with his friend E..
S, a friend from both our homeschool group and Special Olympics came, he and R and S hung out together a lot...
S seems to "channel" Michael Jackson...
M's girlfriend R got there, and, to his delight, he got to dance his first "slow dance" with someone other than mom. (poor R, I think I caught her in mid-sentence).
They all had such a good time...
~
One last slow dance... on stage!... before it was time to head for home.
Many thanks to Rocky Mtn Team Special Olympics for creating such a wonderful evening for us...
No comments:
Post a Comment