FOR TODAY
March 1, 2010
Outside my window... it is dark, with a brilliant full moon shining through the kitchen window and skylight
I am thinking... how peaceful the house is now after all of today's comings and goings.
I am thankful for... M having a good day today after his bad night last night. He was tired by this evening, and struggling then, but the day went better than I thought it would.
From the learning rooms... we're still pulling ourselves together again after the surgery. I did pick up Sequential Spelling and am looking forward to starting it. R is a pretty good speller, but it's one of M's most difficult subjects... He seems to learn best with a variety of curricula and approaches, I'm hoping he likes the uniqueness of sequential spelling and learns from it.
From the kitchen... I made two big dinners yesterday, a pot of soup and some homemade bread for a neighbor who had a mastectomy, and calzones for us. Unfortunately, today kind of got away from me and our dinner ended up being hamburgers Joe picked up on the way home from work.
I am creating... same thing I was working on last week... a good recovery period for M.
I am going... to bed as soon as possible. I've been up since 3:00 and I'm tired!
I am reading... Undaunted Courage, and the (abridged) Journals of Lewis and Clark, I'm reading Little Britches as a read aloud, but M is the only one who is really into it... it's not R's kind of book, and since I'm mostly just reading to help M stay calm I don't mind if she skips out on this one.
I am hoping... the M sleeps tonight.
I am hearing... the deep heavy breathing of the sleeping dogs at my feet, and M's radio (he listens to it as he goes to sleep).
Around the house... BIG excitement! Our son-in-law started working on the floor in the big living room. The pink carpet is GONE (in that room, we still have plenty in the rest of the house :(), and I think he might start laying the new wood floor tomorrow! When we bought this house I said the first thing we had to do was get rid of this nasty pink carpet... but then we found the house had many really major things the matter with it, and redoing the floor became a very low priority. Now... finally... after 5 years... the pink carpet is on it's way OUT! :)
One of my favorite things... the black lightweight fleece top my brother got me. It's become one of my most favorite things to wear....it always just feels so good.
A few plans for the rest of the week... we're home for the week except for M's two week follow up appointment with the orthopedist. M was doing well enough today that I'm thinking we might even be able to keep that appointment.
A picture I am sharing...
I can't seem to stop trying to capture the beauty of the moon with a camera... (maybe someday I'll figure out how to do it!)
tonight's moon
Visit Peggy's blogfor more about The Simple Woman's Daybook
No comments:
Post a Comment