The first one I had to cancel because I couldn't provide written proof that his rabies vaccination is up to date. There have been a lot of rabid skunks found in our area... even Murphy and Tucker are immunized against rabies... and the groomer wouldn't take Cody without documentation that his shots are up to date.
The next one I cancelled when I got to the grooming shop and found that Cody would be crated, for hours, because they groom several dogs at once, rotating them through, with the ones that are finished with whatever the groomer is currently working on crated until it's their "turn" again. I didn't want him crated for long periods of time, so I cancelled that appointment and made another appointment (at the same place) for an "express grooming".
An express grooming meant I would bring Cody in and he'd be groomed right away, with little or no time in the crate. (I do understand the wisdom and usage of crates with dogs, but seeing where he'd be... in a dark back room with all the crates stacked one upon the other, just made me uncomfortable.)
They couldn't fit Cody in for an "express" appointment until the next day, so we packed up and headed back home again. As we drove R said she didn't like the way she'd seen the groomers at this shop handling the dogs, and didn't want to take Cody there after all. I had been thinking exactly the same thing so.... that appointment was cancelled too.
I called around some more and found what seemed to be a much better grooming shop. The people I talked to there seemed to really love dogs, and were fine with not crating Cody, so I made an appointment with them for this morning.
Here is Cody before we left...
Very cute, isn't he?
I thought he looked fine... a little overgrown, maybe... but mostly ok.
Here is the "after" picture. He cleans up pretty well, doesn't he?
R keeps talking about how cool is it that she can see his eyes now...
He was only gone two hours at the groomers, but R was already missing him...
I think this is definitely a match made in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment