Monday, April 12, 2010

*~*daybook*~*


simple-woman-daybook-small
FOR TODAY

April 12, 2010

Outside my window... the sky is mostly overcast but there is enough sun to take the chill out of the air. The fruit trees are starting to bud, and in the flower gardens the first perennials are starting to peak up through the mulch. It's been a long winter, I'm so glad spring is here!

I am thinking... that life finally seems to be getting back to normal again.

I am thankful for...the obvious, of course.. that M is better...  but also for the resolution we seem to have found to the problem of psychiatric care for the kids, for the many doctors who have helped us over the past couple of months, and the many friends who have kept us in their thoughts and prayers... and also for this beautiful spring day!

From the learning rooms... school is going well. Both kids got a lot of work done last week...  In math, M started working (again...) on percents and decimals, and R is working (again... ) on place value. Place value is a concept that just seems to escape R so, even though I've taught it several times in the past, we're going over it again. Maybe, this time, I'll find the way to really help her to understand.

From the kitchen... M's digestive problems have us all on a bit of a diet. It's been hard to put meals together when there is so much he can't eat... but little by little, as I add foods back into his diet, it gets easier.

I am creating... I've been working out in the garden the past couple of days. The perennials are starting to grow, so I've got the flower beds cleaned out and mulched. I couldn't resist the pansies for sale last weekend, so I replanted our old wood barrel in pansies, and also picked up some raspberry and blackberry plants for the back yard. It's too early to plant them, but they can live just fine in the sun room until the danger of frost is past.
I am going... to the stable a couple of times this week, otherwise I think we're staying home.

I am reading... The Blindside. No I haven't finished Undaunted Courage... I'm just taking a break from Lewis and Clark, because I've wanted to read The Blindside for so long that once I had it I couldn't wait to start it.

I am hoping... that Tilly starts to improve. She's been having more trouble with her legs lately (the tendons and ligaments that were damaged when she was used in rodeos) and I need to either find a way to help her, or have her put down. It's not fair to her to keep her going when she feels so bad...

I am hearing... a quiet house. M is in quiet time, R is gone with her sister E, and the house is silent... a very rare occurence.

Around the house...starting to shop for carpet... the end of this 5 year project is in sight!

One of my favorite things... a quiet house (see above ^ :)

A few plans for the rest of the week... get school done, get big garden rototilled, get farrier out for Tilly, and make a couple of trips down to the stable for the kids riding lessons (R) and physical therapy (M).

Here is a picture I am sharing...
tiny slivers of rainbow shooting off from the prisms hanging in my kitchen window


Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: