I think things are finally settling down with M and all the GI problems he's been having...
He's on both regular stomach meds, and herbal/nutritional supplements and it seems like the constant vomiting has finally stopped. The GI doc really wasn't much help at all, and if M starts to have severe problems again I'm going to have to switch to a different doctor... I honestly think what ended up being the most helpful was a supplement I bought at Vitamin Cottage. It's a mixture of slippery elm bark, mastic gum, zinc, calcium and something called l-carnosine. Within hours of taking it for the first time, M said his stomach felt better and the vomiting stopped. He can't take it long term, since it interferes with the absorption of his psych meds... but it's been an amazing help to him for the past week.
Things are slowly getting back to normal around here... The kids got a full week of school done last week, M's back in physical therapy, and... the highlight of the week... R entered, practiced for, and rode in, a horse show. (More about that later...)
It's a beautiful sunny day outside and I'm looking forward to finishing cleaning out the flower beds, working out in the barn (R and I are moving the hay out of the hay loft and stacking it down below where we can get to it) and moving the last of the "durable medical equipment" M needed after his surgery (bedside commode, walker, etc) into the hay loft... since he doesn't need it any more. (woohoo!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment