Tuesday, July 6, 2010

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small
FOR TODAY

July 6, 2010

Outside my window... the sun is bright and it's already warm (but not hot), the birds are singing and the wind is gusting through the trees.

I am thinking... about my friend "M", who is facing a difficult day today. I hope things go well for her

I am thankful for... the beauty outside my window

From the learning rooms... we've done really well sticking with fairly regular homeschool routine this summer. I think the structure of our school days has become such an important part of M's routine it would be almost impossible to take much of a break without him having some serious problems.  So... we'll just keep doing what we're doing.

From the kitchen...I talked to my friend "B" last night... In the summer she works down at the Farmer's Market and she told me the peaches should be coming in next weekend. I'm going to buy a big box from her and make some jam... I've seriously missed my peach jam. (I have one little peach tree, but it has a ways to go before it's producing enough to can!)

In the gardens...the pumpkin plants are growing well, and seem noticeably bigger each time I go out to look at them. The cucumbers are growing  more slowly.. I hope they do well, I'd really like some pickles this year. The kitchen garden is growing well, but the only thing ready to harvest is lettuce. In the orchard area, the cherries are almost ready to pick. The wind keeps blowing the tree netting off, but I just keep putting it back on and I think I've managed to save most of the cherries from being devoured by the birds. Also in the garden (since that's where she lives) Lili has gone broody on us... She won't leave the nest, and it's kind of sad since I just keep taking her eggs. I'm going to try the ice cubes in the nest trick to try to snap her out of it.

I am wearing...my morning barn clothes: work jeans, tee shirt, and a cordouroy shirt over the top (the early mornings are cool)

I am creating... besides the "concrete art" we created the other day? There's more?? Actually, I've been looking at a little table I picked up at a thrift store a couple of months ago, and thinking I might refinish it. I like the way the top is painted though, so I need to figure out if I want to refinish the whole thing, just the legs, or leave it alone. I need to chip a little paint off the bottom someplace to see what kind of wood it is... that should help me decide what to do.

I am going... to be seriously behind this morning because I'm spending too much time sitting here at the computer working on this post.

I am reading... a very funny book... but I can't tell you the name of it because I bought it for my brother Steve and it would ruin the surprise if I posted the name here. I'm loving the book though, it makes me laugh out loud...and as soon as I'm done with it Steve, I'll send it along! ;)

I am hoping... to hear back from DDHS today, and I'm HOPING that all this transition-to-adult-services stuff I've been working on for M goes well.

I am hearing... the birds outside, the wind gusting through the big ponderosa pines, and my fridge making strange creaking noises (hmmm... I wonder what's up with that?!)

Around the house... Joe's been home for 5 days so the place is a wreck, today is catch-up day (although I'm not getting a very good start at catching up, since I'm still sitting here!)

One of my favorite things... the early morning when the house is quiet.

A few plans for the rest of the week... blood draw today (I'm a day late, better do it early!), then run to town to pick up prescriptions, Weds. is Special Olympics softball practice and we're supposed to go to the new stable for M's lesson... but R is seriously anxious about going there and it's supposed to be cold and rainy anyway, so we might cancel that one.

A picture I'm sharing...

some sunset pics...









































Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: