After some quick shopping, corsage ordering, a haircut, and a bit of drama over a suit jacket (I said he didn't need one... he said all the other guys would have one... I won, of course... and no, all the "other guys" didn't have suit jackets... in fact the only suit jacket I saw at the dance was on a girl!), M was ready to go.
S is here for the weekend, and she and R stayed home and had a "date" with Joe. We made a special trip to the grocery store and the girls picked out a freezer dinner, some fruit for a salad and a dessert mix that sounded good to them, then came home and I went through the directions carefully with both girls, and helped them make the dessert (it had too many steps for them to do completely alone). Then the girls "dressed" for dinner, and the table was covered with the good tablecloth, and Joe was instructed he also needed to "dress" for the evening. M and I left and the girls cooked for Joe (he had to clean up, it only seemed fair) and then sat down to watch a chick flick together... Letters to Juliet, they both seemed to like it.
M and R looked beautiful together, and had a great time at the homecoming dance. Like last year, they went with R's brother and his date, and by the end of the evening they'd all decided that this dance was better than last year's homecoming (which had been at a different school).
Ready to leave for the dance...
All four kids at dinner before the dance...
We were up late for us, getting home around midnight, (yes, R's mom and I went too, the kids didn't mind a bit and for various reasons we thought we should probably stay close by), and M is still asleep this morning... He was pretty wiped out by the end of the evening.
a
What awesome kids they are....
j
No comments:
Post a Comment