A lot of it is trial and error, Renee... I can get a rough idea of how much hay to order by figuring how much each animal eats (Tucker one flakes 2xday, Murphy 3 flakes 2xday) but them I order extra because I feed them more when it's very cold so they can keep their heat up. When it's bitter cold I might feed them a few flakes three or four times a day, just to help them stay warm. I also have to adjust for how big each flakes is (their size depends on the baler) so long story short...I have finally figured out that for Murphy and Tucker, 7 tons for a year is just about right. :)
2 comments:
How do you have any clue how much hay to order?
A lot of it is trial and error, Renee... I can get a rough idea of how much hay to order by figuring how much each animal eats (Tucker one flakes 2xday, Murphy 3 flakes 2xday) but them I order extra because I feed them more when it's very cold so they can keep their heat up. When it's bitter cold I might feed them a few flakes three or four times a day, just to help them stay warm. I also have to adjust for how big each flakes is (their size depends on the baler) so long story short...I have finally figured out that for Murphy and Tucker, 7 tons for a year is just about right. :)
Post a Comment