Sunday, September 5, 2021

Sunday Hike

 The day started off rough… Joe wasn't doing well, M was unsettled and out of sorts, and R just wanted to sit around and complain. If I could have I would have found someplace else to be for the day… but that wasn’t an option…so I decided we needed a hike. 

We haven’t hiked as much lately because it’s been so hot, and we’ve had things going on keeping us closer to home. I hadn’t realized how much I’d missed Castlewood until we got there. 




It felt good to hike its trails again…








We hiked up to the ruins of the dam again, stopping a couple of times to wade in Cherry Creek. It was a perfect mix of get hot hiking/cool off in the creek. 






Doesn’t it look like this stone has letters carved in it?


I always marvel at the stones balanced here and there in the canyon… Like this huge triangle one!




We saw the first bit of fall color in the leaves as well…




We talked to another hiker who told us about a trail we’ve never tried… one with a very cool cave near the top. We’ll hike that one next.


By the time we got home Joe was feeling better, and both kids were happy and settled. 



I love it when the day turns around…

1 comment:

Loren said...

A perfect way to turn the day around !