The kids and I decided to take a walk after dinner..
It was already full dark when we left the house and the moon was amazing… big and full on the horizon.
We found Jupiter and Saturn in the southern sky, and looked for… but didn’t see… the Milky Way.
I tried to get a picture of the moon, it was so beautiful…
…but didn’t have much luck.
M did have fun with the flashlight, making scary faces at us. R and I didn’t want to bring the light, surprisingly, it seems easier to see without it…just letting our eyes adjust… but M was nervous about being out in the dark. We ran into nothing scary however, except one poor deer who thought she’d found a lovely private spot to bed down for the night but ended up frightening M to pieces (and frightening her to pieces at the same time!) when he mistook her for a mountain lion. 😂


No comments:
Post a Comment