…in the day. Literally.
After spending at least five hours today learning about and comparing insurance plans for Joe (and eventually signing up for one), and getting him a new cell phone and switching his old number over… (Why does this all sound so much easier than it was?!)…while at the same time keeping M on a somewhat even keel and dealing with the regular dramas and responsibilities of the day… I was exhausted.
The kids and I had planned to take the dogs for an easy hike on a nearby trail that we’d never explored, but those plans went out the window and we spent that time sitting in a cell phone store instead.
It was not a good day.
The sun was already starting to go down, but I suggested we take the poor neglected dogs just down to the park in town for a quick walk before bringing burgers home for dinner.
The Christmas lights were still up at the park, including on one of our favorite trees…
…this huge old cottonwood, totally decked out in lights. 🥰
It truly was the bright spot in an otherwise long, frustrating, day.
I’m so glad we took that short little walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment