Friday, April 6, 2007

stupid horse tricks

Remember the stupid pet tricks that David Letterman used to have on his show? (At least I think I'm remembering that right... was that David Letterman?)

Anyway... R is teaching Grant a trick that is a perfect fit for the category of stupid pet tricks. She's somehow taught Grant to take one of her winter gloves in his teeth and follow her around, carrying her glove. Now why anyone would need a horse to carry a glove (or anything else) is beyond me... but it's about the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. 

Grant, being Grant (and a horse with a lot of personality), doesn't just carry the glove... No, he takes it carefully in his teeth, follows R around the pasture with it, while at the same time shaking the glove around like crazy. It's really too funny (or maybe this is another one of those redneck things... "You might be redneck if you think it's funny when your daughter teaches her horse stupid tricks!") If I can get a picture of R and Grant and the glove trick I will... it makes me laugh. 

 Edited to add: When R went out to see Grant this morning he remembered his glove carrying trick and started nibbling on her glove before she even took it off! I only got a couple of pictures before my camera battery went dead (and I don't know how to upload video). 

But here you go... a stupid horse trick:

 

He was shaking it around so hard he dropped it!

No comments: