Saturday, September 22, 2007

picture post

This has been a wild week... M has gotten more unstable again, which makes everything more difficult, and for some reason R has had insomnia the past few nights and been up to (and AT) all hours! 

Last night I just crashed... R was still awake (but quietly staying in her room) and I fell into bed and didn't wake up until 6:00 this morning. Eight hours sleep in a row.... I can't remember the last time I got that much sleep! 

It feels very good to feel rested... 

 Anyway, I think it's time for a picture post. We worked at the library yesterday and after our shift I checked out the sale room and found a bunch of American Girl books. I was so excited, and had to buy them all! R is loving having so many new books to read, and I keep finding her curled up here or there, totally immersed in Addy or Felicity's life. 

 I've loved raising daughters.... I hope R doesn't grow up too fast. (I'm not ready to be done yet!)

 

 This picture was taken at Girl Scout camp last summer, and I love it. R, still smiling, after spending an entire day, in the heat, dust and bugs of camp! (During GS camp week it was in the 90's every day but one!)

 

 M got a digital camera for his birthday and has been taking LOTS of pictures... Many of them are very cool, in a weird sort of way. (The date on his pictures is wrong.... I need to reset that for him!)

 

 He also takes some nice, "regular" photos too. I really like this one he took of me after my surprise birthday dinner. I'm wearing the scarf my sister made for me on her loom... Isn't it amazing? I can't wait for the weather to get cold enough to wear it! I'm also wearing (if you look closely!) the St Brigid's cross my brother sent me from Ireland. It is absolutely beautiful, and I haven't taken it off since it got here...

 

 (For anyone with eagle eyes. No I don't usually keep a trash can in my living room, LOL... That evening was so cool we started a fire and that black trash can is full of kindling) 

Here are some pictures I took... 

I took this one a couple of weeks ago (sorry it's a little blurry, I had to zoom in from far away). The deer are grooming each other. We haven't seen this very often, so I thought it was cool and had to try and get a picture of them... 

 (You can also see the neighbor's horse, Chance, in the background. He'd gotten himself stuck in the fence, trying to sneak into my pasture...)

 

 Remember when I talked (here) about the deer starting to get their winter coats? Here is a doe wearing half her summer (brown) coat and half her winter (gray) coat. 

 

 Oops... she caught me!

 

 Well my playtime is over... the sun is up, the animals are yelling for food, and I'd better run....

No comments: