Monday, October 26, 2009

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small
FOR TODAY

October 26, 2009

Outside my window... Everything is frosted with white, the snow is glazed with a thin layer of ice that crunches and crackles when I walk on it.

I am thinking... I'm tired of trying to figure things out, an easy spell would be very nice.

I am thankful for...Rhianna's party going so well, it was wonderful to see her so happy.

From the learning rooms...I am working on gathering materials from the "Circles I: Relationships and Intimacy" curriculum to adapt for the kids. It looks like it would be perfect for the kids, it teaches about relationships in a concrete, and easy to understand way. I can't afford to buy it, but I'm finding bits and pieces of it free online.

From the kitchen...kitchen? What's a kitchen, isn't that a place to store leftovers and dirty dishes? We've been living since Saturday on pizza leftover from the party. I suppose I should pull it together and cook today.

I am creating...a large poster type visual to use with the "Circles" materials

I am going...to hopefully find some time this week to get down to town and start pricing some stuff for the house. I think we're finally going to start "phase 3" (or 4, or whatever it is) and finish up the last few major projects on the house.

I am reading...not much these days.

I am hoping...that today is a good day.

I am hearing... very quiet bubbling and gurgling sounds coming from the boiler, Joe moving around making his breakfast, the hum of the computer.

Around the house...the roofers are supposed to start today. They aren't really roofing much, but they are going to install some vents, and fix some flashing and gutters and things. Maybe FINALLY the roof in the family room will quit leaking!

One of my favorite things...the small smooth wooden "holding cross" my friend L got me. She gave it to me last spring, just days after an incident with M during which we could easily have lost him. (It was the "closest" of his close calls so far...) I've carried it with me ever since...

A few plans for the rest of the week... school, therapeutic riding, homeschool group Halloween party, and working at the library. It's going to be a busy week!

A picture I am sharing... my holding cross, isn't it beautiful?

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: