Monday, October 26, 2009

Picture post.... R's party

I wanted R to have a "big" party for her birthday this year. She turned 13 and it seemed like a major celebration was in order...

Since her birthday is in October, and she loves Halloween (despite the fact it's my LEAST favorite holiday) we decided to have a birthday/Halloween party. The party was Saturday and was so much fun I'm thinking we might have to make it a new tradition!

Here are some pictures from the day...

R, M and S (who sometimes seems like my 5th daughter!) showing off their costumes right before the party. M and R were Hogwarts students, S was a 50's girl.



S, R and friend Z having fun with the karaoke machine...



E, (DD#1 AKA Mrs. Incredible) and granddaughter RR (AKA Violet) dishing up ice cream at RR's ice cream stand... they did quite a business!



R, with help from B (dd#2) working on reassembling Mr Bones (he was taken apart and his bones hidden around the room for the kids to find... scavenger hunt style).



Joe's (dh) original costume was a "Rutger's Law" tee-shirt, a cowboy hat, a "scary" hockey mask, and a chain saw. (We decided he must be dressed as a homicidal , hockey playing, lawyer from Texas). Later, he ditched the hockey mask, cowboy hat and chain saw, and put our fish costume on. It's one of our coolest costumes ever, made for R years ago by an old friend... it fits over your head and you look out the mouth. Here Joe is tipping his fish head back to talk to a couple of little ones.



M and S dancing...



I'm not entirely sure what's going on here.... I think I might be dancing with my fishman husband, while he talks to one of our grandsons and daughter K dances in the background.



M's "girl" came (the one he took to homecoming a few weeks ago) and they danced..  aren't they too cute?



Here's most of E's *incredible* family (her dh couldn't make it to the party, but yes... he has a matching costume!), the grandkids are 5, almost 7 and 2 3/4 years old now.



And finally... the whole family (when I look at this picture it just amazes me... the little family that started with just Joe and I has GROWN so much over the years!)



(Starting on the left with M (ds)and going clockwise... me, holding grandson "little K", S (unofficial family member), Joe holding gradndaughter RR, then birthday girl R (dd#4), E (dd#1), holding grandson J, B (dd#2) and K (dd#3).



The last four pictures in this post were taken my Liese, a friend and fellow homeschooler. Thank you so much Liese.... I LOVE the pictures! :)

No comments: