Monday, March 8, 2010

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small
FOR TODAY

March 8, 2010

Outside my window...it's overcast and dreary looking, but a spring warmth is in the air, and the songbirds are back.

I am thinking... not much of anything. Too little sleep for too many days in a row has emptied my head of most meaningful thought.

I am thankful for... M still being asleep, and not still throwing up (as he was a couple hours ago).

From the learning rooms... good intentions, but not much else.

From the kitchen... still eating leftover turkey from the party on Saturday. It will probably be gone by tomorrow so I'll have to start really cooking again.

I am wearing... blue jeans, white henley, red button down shirt

I am creating... right now? A blog post...

I am going... to have to find a way to wake myself up. I'm finding myself, once again, wishing I liked the taste of coffee.

I am reading... still working on Undaunted Courage, and The Journals of Lewis and Clark. I've had very little time to read lately, so "we're" still in the Mandan village, on our way to the Pacific... but spring has arrived there, and Sacagewea has had little Jean Baptiste so we'll probably by on our way shortly. (Thanks mamagames for leaving the comment about your aunt's journey following the Lewis and Clark trail... I checked out her website and it's fascinating!)

I am hoping... that M has a good day.

I am hearing...Emma snoring, while Quin wanders restlessly around the kitchen waiting for his breakfast.

Around the house... the living room floor is done, and it's beautiful! If I ever have more than a few minutes at the computer I'll post pictures.

One of my favorite things... right now a decent night's sleep probably tops the list.

A few plans for the rest of the week... draw blood today, have Joe pick up M's meds, physical therapy for M and a telephone appointment with his pdoc later in the week.

A picture I'm sharing...

a leaf I saw on the way to the barn... it's nothing special, it just caught my eye



I liked the way it looked covered with frost, still intact despite a winter's worth of wind and snow.



Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: