I've (temporarily) given up reading the news online, and I never watch the news on TV, but I'd heard there might be a storm coming in and thought I'd better pay attention just in case it was a big one.
Elbert/Central And East Douglas Counties Above 6000 Feet
Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 6:12 PM MDT 3/23/10, expires at: 12:15 AM MDT 3/24/10
Winter storm warning remains in effect until 6 pm mdt wednesday,
A winter storm warning remains in effect until 6 pm mdt wednesday.
Snow will continue along the front range through Wednesday afternoon. The snow will be especially tonight, then decrease in intensity Wednesday morning. Snow amounts will range from 8 to 16 inches by Wednesday afternoon with up to 20 inches possible over the foothills from boulder county southward and in douglas and western elbert counties. Northeast winds of 15 to 25 mph will produce areas of blowing and drifting snow mainly along and east of interstate 25.
Precautionary/preparedness actions,
Unnecessary travel is discouraged tonight. If you must travel, keep extra food, water, a flashlight, and dry clothing in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
We're in eastern Douglas County... and yeah, it looks like it's going to be a big one.
The day started warm, sunny and dry...
This is what it looked like by late afternoon.
The kids and I went to the store earlier, to pick up the last few things to finish up the month's shopping...
It's good we went because I'm guessing we'll be snowed in for a few days.
After we got home I went out and filled all the water troughs (before the hose froze again!), put Tilly's coat back on her, raked and cleaned the run, and did a few other jobs that need to be done before a big snow.
Then R and I stole another egg from Lili's little nesting box (I'm amazed at regularly she lays!) and shut her up in her cozy little coop for the night.
It was so strange, there was thunder and lightning with the snow for awhile.... and the lightning turned the sky (or more accurately, the snow that was filling the sky) pink.
I've never seen that before.
I should ask my friend whose husband is a meteorologist why snow + lightning = pink...
Here's the view out my dining room window. The wind has plastered it with snow and ice.
M's supposed to have a follow-up appointment with the surgeon tomorrow... and the pediatrician wants an abdominal x-ray done at the same time (as long as we were going to be at the hospital anyway...), because he's still throwing up all the time.
It looks like neither one of those things are going to get done tomorrow... hopefully we'll be out by Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment