Monday, March 22, 2010

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small
FOR TODAY

March 22, 2010

Outside my window... the sun is bright and warm, the remains of last week's snow is almost completely melted away, and tiny shoots of green grass are starting to grow.

I am thinking... how irritated I am at my bank for charging me for a service I specifically told them I didn't want.

I am thankful for... the warmth, spring sunshine feels so good.

From the learning rooms... over the weekend I read to the kids from a new book I bought, The American Story: 100 True Tales from American History.  First I read about Paul Revere (because this ties into what they are learning about in history) then let each of them pick a story for me to read. R choose the chapter about John Henry, and M wanted to hear about the 1938 War of the Worlds radio broadcast that caused so much panic. After reading about it, we went online and listened to part of the actual broadcast... it was so much fun!

From the kitchen... with M's stomach still so messed up, all of us are "dieting"... it's hard to eat in front of him when there is so little he can eat. I've got turkey soup in the crockpot... I hope he can keep it down.

I am creating... no big projects going right now.

I am going... to the stable later today so R can have a lesson. M probably isn't well enough to go, but I hate to disappoint R, so he'll just have to go anyway.

I am reading...Undaunted Courage, and The Journals of Lewis and Clark

I am hoping... M's stomach problems just go away. None of the treatment options are good... even if they help in some ways they all seem to bring the possibility of causing more problems in other areas.

I am hearing... the TV (M is watching some kid's show on PBS), M talking about food (poor thing... he's hungry, he just can't eat!)

Around the house... I should be working on the laundry, and getting things cleaned up... maybe later.

One of my favorite things..watching Lili peck around in her pen... and the funny way she runs to me when I call her.

A few plans for the rest of the week... the stable today, regular stuff (like today's blood draw, tomorrow's med pick-up), and probably a visit with the pediatrician later in the week.

Some pictures I am sharing...

Lili coming when I call her...




"So... what do you want?"




Visit Peggy's blogfor more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: