Wednesday, April 28, 2010

~picture post~

I always have good intentions of taking lots of pictures... of both special occasions and ordinary days... but unfortunately, I'm terrible at remembering the camera and often forget to take any at all.

This morning I was doing school with M... (he was working on an especially hard subject... can you tell?)



... while R groomed Murphy...



... and the day was just so pretty I decided to run and get the camera and take some pictures.

Nothing terribly exciting went on today... but I took pictures anyway (making up for all the times I forgot to take any?)

So anyway, the day started with R working outside and M working inside...

Cody was stressed in the extreme that R was so far away from him...



...he stood on the front deck, whining and crying for his "girl".



M finished up school...



... while R was still hard at work with Murphy. (She had already gotten her school done...)



Once school was done we headed down to the riding stable... I love the drive down there, it's always so beautiful.

See Pikes Peak in the distance?



R rode outside, while M rode inside, in the arena.



Aren't these little ones too cute? (And doesn't the horse look HUGE?) They are the children, 4 and 6 years old, of R's riding instructor...



It was a perfect day for riding, R kept saying "this feels wonderful!".



After lessons were over, it was off to the optical store to order M's new glasses... (and a quick trip to E's house while we were waiting for the glasses to be made)



I was pleasantly surprised when they said the glasses would be done in an hour, that's so much better than the week we had to wait last time he needed new glasses.

Here they are... he can see again!



I slaved away over a hot stove for hours making a healthy, balanced, dinner for my family...



... then we enjoyed our read-aloud book and headed for bed.

No comments: