Monday, May 3, 2010

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small
FOR TODAY

May 3, 2010

Outside my window... the day is warm, with little trace of the snow, wind, hail, and fog we had last week. I've been watching a couple of pigeons (mourning doves?) sitting on the wire outside the window, grooming themselves and each other.




I am thinking... about the "field trip" the kids and I are taking next week, and hoping it goes well.

I am thankful for... what's been a good day so far, and the return of the sun and warmth.

From the learning rooms...I was so excited the other day when R used the word "din" correctly in her conversation. Picking up new vocabulary  is a difficult thing for her, and we've been using Wordly Wise for a long time, hoping it would help with her vocabulary skills. It was amazing to see her take a word she'd learned in a recent lesson, and transfer it into regular conversation!

From the kitchen... I'm still having to be very careful about what M eats (which means the rest of us are on a somewhat restricted diet too), but little by little I've been able to add some foods back. I'll be so thankful when he can just sit down and eat the way he used to!

I am creating... still playing around with my banjo. I practice a little each day, working on the banjo until it gets too frustrating, then picking up my guitar for awhile.  I'm not sure which one I like the better... I think it depends on the day.

I am going... to stay home this afternoon and get school done, regardless of how much the kids would rather run around town.

I am reading... all sorts of things. :) I've picked up Undaunted Courage again (Lewis and Clark have met up with the Shoshones, traded for horses, and are starting what will be the last leg of their journey to the Pacific). The kids and I just finished our read-aloud The Penderwicks (a wonderful book!) and are starting A Wrinkle In Time this evening. I'm also blasting through Not Lost Forever, an quick, easy read about a young girl who survives a horrific crime.

I am hoping... we get through Thursday's MRI without any trauma (or drama)

I am hearing... the quiet murmuring of the book on CD M is listening to. The kids are in quiet time...

Around the house... the focus has moved outside. We got the pasture harrowed yesterday, and Joe started rototilling the big garden. I need to get fertilizer on the grass in the back yard, turn the soil in the little kitchen garden, and re-do the fencing out there so Lili (the chicken) can't get in and peck my plants.

One of my favorite things... new buds on the fruit trees, lilacs getting ready to bloom... springtime in general.



A few plans for the rest of the week... same old stuff, blood draw, pick up meds, riding lessons, and PT for M. We also need to be at TCH on Thursday, and are looking forward to ending the week with a long overdue, much anticipated, lunch with Granny.

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: