FOR TODAY
June 7, 2010
Outside my window... the sun is up, but it's still cool. Last night's dew was heavy on the ground as I walked out to the barn this morning, and the air had a misty quality to it. There was a riot of birds in the back yard earlier, and many of them are still out here, quarreling back and forth as they finish up their morning absolutions.
I am thinking... too much, I need to let go of a few burdens.
I am thankful for... this beautiful morning, the cool air after a warm night, my sleepy faced children just waking up for the day.
From the kitchen... it's been hot so lots of grilled food and easy meals.
I am wearing... does it matter? No. But, for the record, a tank top, blue jean capris, and a long sleeved denim shirt (because the house is still cool)
I am creating... I'm playing my guitar a lot and am still plugging (picking?) away on the banjo. I've also been drawing more, in a little journal I've started keeping.
I am going... to draw blood today and set up some appointments I've been putting off making.
I am reading... Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self by Sarah Ban Breathnach... a thought provoking book.
I am hoping... that this week's meeting to plan for M's transition to adult services goes well. A meeting of M's "team", myself, and the CCB representative is required, but has been difficult to set up because M doesn't have a "team" to invite to the meeting. The CCB rep wanted me to invite M's teachers and therapists... but he doesn't have any... except me. They are definitely not used to working with young people who are homeschooled! After much drama and aggravation (and me throwing just one tiny little fit) they have agreed to compromise, accepting myself and an old family friend as the "team".
I am hearing... a Pokemon show that M is watching, complete with "battle" sound effects and lots of "I choose you...!". M was really into pokemon when he was 8 and 9, about the same time schizophrenia blasted him out of the water (he was diagnosed at 9). In some ways M seemed to become "frozen" developmentally at the point he was at when the psychosis took over. Pokemon is one of the outward signs that...He's never moved past the pokemon stage.
Around the house... the inside of the house is neglected because I'm spending so much time outside working. The next big project is new carpet, but I've put it on hold for now until I feel more confident, financially, about getting it done.
One of my favorite things... Monday mornings and the promise of a new week.
A few plans for the rest of the week... It's looking like a busy week. We'll get school done, but we're also planning on going to the free movie tomorrow, and on Weds. M has a couple of GI procedures (endoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy) that should eat up the whole day. (like my pun?) Thursday is that stupid "team" meeting, Friday is PT and S will also be here for a couple of days... (Our town festival starts Friday and we've invited S to go with us.) There won't be much chance to get bored THIS week...
A picture I'm sharing:
my columbines are blooming...
The flawlessly engineered grace, delicacy...
...symmetry, and beautiful perfection (even in it's imperfection) of nature...
... never fails to amaze me.
Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook
No comments:
Post a Comment