Tuesday, June 8, 2010

summertime snapshots

Yesterday was warm again here...

No... yesterday was hot.

I don't know the official high but I'm guessing it was somewhere in the 90's...

I spent the morning inside, getting the house cleaned back up after a couple of weeks of neglect, then we headed outside to enjoy the day.

R was out at the barn with Murphy while I puttered in the flower garden and set a sprinkler in the front yard. She was so hot, and the water looked so inviting, that she decided to run through. She took Murphy with her, of course... since he was hot too.





You can't do the quick runs and dashes through the spray of water when you run through a sprinkler with a horse...



... but they are very good at blocking the spray!



I'm not sure what R was doing here... whatever it was it looks like Murphy wasn't thrilled about it!



Most of the time though, Murphy seemed to enjoy himself...



Especially the part afterwards... when he rolled his nice, clean, wet, self in the dirt.





Don't feel sorry for Tucker, he got to cool off too. I corraled him in the small pen and squirted him down.

If looks could kill I would NOT have survived the afternoon though, because he was not a happy little donkey at ALL, about getting wet... and made sure I knew it! But he finally gave up trying to escape the spray of water and stood in a corner of the pen... resigned to his fate... backside towards me (just in case he got lucky and I got close enough to kick?), head down, mouth working... probably muttering to himself about the injustice of it all. Poor Tucker...it wasn't his best afternoon.

In other news... ;)

A good friend of mine (and former next door neighbor), gave me a little birdhouse last year when she moved away. I was bored one day and painted it and then hung it up for decoration on an old shepherd's crook I had laying around.

I never imagined it would actually be used as a nesting box... but this tiny little bird has been "moving in" for several days now and seems to have decided to call it home.



She's just a little bigger than a hummingbird, but I have no idea what kind of bird she is...  I can't wait to see the tiny babies she has.



And finally...

I got a package in the mail yesterday from my sister.  I love surprises... what a treat to find one in the mail box!

She knows I love old glass bottles and jars, and sent me a wonderful little antique bottle. The bottle says "Lakes Celebrated Radish Denver Colorado" and has a picture of a horse head on it.



Thank you Jackie, I love it!

No comments: