Monday, October 25, 2010

the day in pictures...

I felt like taking pictures today for some reason, and ended up taking a bunch of quick snapshots throughout the day...

The day started overcast and the wind blew cold and rain our way for most of the morning...



While the kids ate lunch, I read and researched the election issues and completed my mail-in ballot. After lunch I explained the ballot to M and he voted for the first time... What a milestone!


M's voting is forcing me to be a more informed and responsible voter. I had to really learn about the issues this time, so I could explain them to M in a way he could understand...

Later, while we did school in the classroom, Cody set a sleepy trap for us on the stairs...


He was easy to see from the bottom of the stairs, but not so easy from the top... luckily no one accidentally stepped on him coming down the stairs.

The mail truck drove my driveway while we were doing school also...  with a package for me from my sister!

I think my new little pilgrims will live here until Thanksgiving, and then they'll move to the table.


My sister knows Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

Thank you Jackie, what a lovely surprise...I'll give you a call, probably tomorrow :)


The last chore each day is to feed the dogs. Emma gets to eat without "doing" anything for her food (because she's so old... there are certain benefits that come with age, you know...). But Quin and Cody have to do something for their dinner... usually a down/stay with their food bowls right in from of them... food they can't eat until I say it's ok.

Quin makes me laugh each time he has to do this... every muscle tense, his body is on the floor but he's in no way relaxed... he's so tight he's almost quivering. His eyes follow my every move, my every breath... his whole body ready to spring for the food the instant he hears the release word.



Cody, on the other hand, isn't as focused as Quin... He pretty much just lays there and waits.. figuring, I'm sure, that I won't let him starve.


Dogs are fed and let outside one last time... all that's left is one more cup of tea to finish up the day.

No comments: