Monday, October 25, 2010

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small
FOR TODAY

October 25, 2010

Outside my window... it's dark... it's early enough that the sky in the east hadn't even started to lighten. These days I'm doing the morning barn work in the dark... I love the walk back from the barn... the sky is clear it is filled with bright pinpoints of stars glittering and twinkling above me. I try to pick out constellations, but I only know a couple... it's something I wish I knew more about.

I am thankful for... life, and my family... together and safe. Well, mostly together... B (dd#2) is still working in KC, MO but I just talked to her yesterday so it doesn't feel like she's that far away.

From the learning rooms... we need to hit the books hard this week to make up for missing so much last week. I'm looking forward to sitting in our sunny little classroom and slipping back into our school routine. I think that routine is comforting for me as well as the kids.

From the kitchen... I made M's favorite pizza the other night, chicken alfredo with whole grain crust. I just use my regular bread dough recipe for the crust, make up some packaged alfredo sauce to put on top, then add whatever toppings sound good. This time I just put on chicken, zucchini, mushroom and cheese. Mmmm...

I am creating... not much right now, although I've got a little sewing project in the works.

I am going... to have to make a bunch of phone calls this morning to make sure I didn't seriously mess up M's clozaril prescription. I'm required, by law, to have M's CBC checked every 14 days. Clozaril is his main schizophrenia med, and without regular CBC's they can't fill his prescription (we have it filled every two weeks). Well... with all that went on last week I forgot to draw his blood. The CBC was due Thursday and I didn't draw the blood and send it in until Saturday. It's only two days, hopefully it won't be a problem... but worse case scenario I'd have to bring his dose down to a starting dose and re-titrate it back up again... a process that takes months and would leave him VERY unstable for a looooong time. I'm feeling a little unsettled until I get this straightened out.

I am reading... not much of anything. I'm in one of those moods where it's hard to  get into anything. I keep starting books, then losing interest and setting them aside again. I did recently finish a book by James Patterson called The Murder of King Tut. R's really into Ancient Egypt these days (thankfully it's replaced her WWII fascination) and she wanted me to read the book and tell her what it said. It ended up being a really good book (and an easy read which was just what I needed!).

I am hoping... our friend "Big M" continues to improve and the adults who love her are able to put together a permanency plan that is just right for her.

I am hearing... Emma's deep breathing as she sleeps at my feet, the tick of the clock.

Around the house... things are pretty caught up, and I have no new house projects in the works. I'm sure I won't be able to let that go for long though... I'll think of something that "has" to be done. :)

One of my favorite things... the quiet of the house in the morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I don't have much on the calendar. I have a dog training class later today, and some fun Halloween stuff this weekend, but that's it. It's feels VERY nice to have such an empty calendar...

A picture I'm sharing...

the grandkids... ready for Halloween



Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: