Monday, November 15, 2010

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small

FOR TODAY

November 15, 2010

Outside my window... dark, cold, with a light frosting of snow still lingering in the shadows and low spots.

I am thinking... about M's previous pdoc and whether or not I should try to contact her.

I am thankful for... life, friends, family, home.

From the learning rooms... M seems to be settling down again during school time... hopefully that trend will continue.

From the kitchen... I did the month's shopping yesterday, including what we'll need for Thanksgiving dinner. It's good to have that done...

I am wearing... Levis, black sweater, wool socks, crocs

I am creating... doing a bit of knitting, plucking a little on the guitar and banjo... same old same old.

I am going... to call the pediatrician today and figure out how to get all the metabolic testing done that M's pdoc wants. The pdoc wrote all the orders on one script, so I'm guessing I'll have to have it all done at the same place...

I am reading... I've almost finished There Eyes Were Watching God, and I'm also reading a dog training book I found at the library the other day.

I am hoping... to get some energy back soon.

I am hearing... a quiet house... just the burble of the boiler in the basement, and the tick of the clock.

Around the house... no house projects right now, and the gardens are frozen for the winter, so not much going on.

One of my favorite things... growing herbs on the kitchen window sill. I love growing things I can eat. I bought a little container herb garden yesterday... and it just looks happy sitting there in the sunny window.

A few plans for the rest of the week...metabolic testing for M, M's regular blood work, therapeutic riding, bowling, field trip, and possibly EK meeting with homeschool group, dog training class, evening class on Wills... It's a busy week, I hope the weather cooperates.

A picture I'm sharing..

Two pictures this time that I took right after the last snow.

The kitchen garden fence, with the snow balanced so delicately on each strand of wire...




... and a deer I found trying to graze in the front yard.

She left pretty quickly when she saw me....



Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: